What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, custom shells that are bonded to the front and sides of your teeth. Once in place, veneers are able to mask a variety of cosmetic concerns, including gaps, chips, discoloration and wear.
At The Oaks Dental Group, we provide high quality dental veneers in Greenville, SC. An expert cosmetic dentist will talk with you about your concerns and goals and work with you to design a smile you love. We’ll send the dentist’s specifications to a lab where natural-looking, beautiful veneers will be created just for you.
How Are Dental Veneers Made?
There are several different types of veneers. Porcelain veneers are the most popular option. Porcelain is stain-resistant and mimics the look of natural teeth down to the way it reflects light.
Sometimes, your dentist may recommend veneers made of resin. These veneers can be made thinner and used on teeth that don’t need to be modified before the veneer is placed.
What Can Veneers Fix?
Dental veneers are extremely versatile. Your Greenville, SC dentist can use veneers to treat or mask a variety of dental issues in a single procedure, including:
- Worn-Down Teeth – Whether from chewing forces or bruxism (grinding the teeth), teeth can wear down. Placing dental veneers on worn teeth will restore their appearance and shape.
- Gaps Between the Teeth – Veneers can fill in small gaps between your teeth.
- Stains and Discoloration – If your teeth are stained or you have discoloration due to excessive fluoride, resin fillings or other issues, dental veneers will give you even, white teeth.
- Misaligned or Misshapen Teeth – If your teeth are slightly crooked, uneven or misshapen, dental veneers can often fix the problem.
- Chipped or Broken Teeth – Veneers can strengthen and cover teeth that are chipped or broken.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Veneers?
Porcelain or resin veneers will:
Hiding dental irregularities
Because dental veneers cover the front and sides of your teeth, they can solve or mask a range of problems, including gaps between the teeth, worn, misshapen or misaligned teeth, and teeth with chips or cracks.
Give You a Bright Smile
If your teeth are stained or discolored, veneers can cover the discoloration and give you a brighter, whiter smile. Veneers will even work on issues that don’t respond to teeth whitening treatment.